* Exciting news for fans of Australian pop outfit Sneaky Sound System. With the assistance of the all-conquering Tiesto, the band has found themselves atop this week's Billboard Dance Radio Airplay chart with their single 'I Will Be Here'. Black Angus and Connie are currently hard at work on their third album, which is due late next year.
* The team from Handome Tours have announced a musical adventure around the major capitals by UK outfit The Big Pink. The band, who've been creating quite the buzz with their debut album 'A Brief History Of Love' will hit The Capitol in Perth on March 02, HiFi in Brisbane on March 04, Billboard in Melbourne on March 05 and Sydney's Metro Theatre on March 07. Tickets for the band's first Australian visit are on sale on Friday November 27.
* Aussie outfit Powderfinger will raise much needed awareness for the Australian Skin Cancer Awareness Campaign, when they perform a free concert in Sydney on December 06. The band will take to the stage at the Moore Park Entertainment Quarter for the Take 40 Live event, performing songs from their new album 'Golden Rule' from 5pm.
* ABC Music has serviced Angie Hart's new single 'Simple' (cover image, left) to Australian radio. The single is the second to be lifted off Angie's new album 'Eat My Shadow'.
* The gang at UK dance label Defected are currently putting the finishing touches on their new 2009 dance retrospective album 'Most Rated 2009', but they're asking for help from the world's clubbers. They're allowing people to vote on their favourites by heading to THE OFFICIAL DEFECTED WEBSITE to have their say. The final results will be revealed with the compilation is given a local release through Stomp on December 11.
* UK outfit Dolly Rockers have hit out at reports they may have been dropped by record label EMI. They have, however, stated that they are in the process of signing a deal with Mercury Records in the UK, following their A&R representative, who's also switching camps.
* And the gang from local promotions company Shiny Entertainment have unveiled a spanking new website. And to celebrate, they're giving away a rather fantastic prize. One lucky winner will receive a double pass to every single live show the company looks after in 2010. And when this year's line-up has included the likes of Grafton Primary, Yacht, Calling All Cars, Pavement, British India and many more, it's a prize worth winning. Click HERE for all the details!