* The rather sublime Kate Vigo (pictured), who's been getting some radio love with her most recent single 'The Way You Are', will hit Sydney on November 17 to play one show at the iconic Basement. She'll share the stage with Emily Smart & The Clever Girls for the one-off show.
* Organisers of the Playground Weekender Festival in Wisemans Ferry have announced more names who'll be taking to the stage during the four day event. Bertie Blackman's on the bill. So too Jamie Lidell, James Lavelle and LTJ Bukem. The full line-up is set to be announced this Friday.
* Over on the US charts this week, Owl City has lost his No.1 with pop hit 'Fireflies' after just one week, with Jason DeRulo edging one step up with his single 'Whatcha Say' to take the coveted crown on the Billboard singles chart.
* Meanwhile on the US albums chart, there was no challenging Michael Jackson, whose concert CD 'This Is It' debuted in the No.1 position after beating out four other albums debuting in the top six. Creed came in at No.2, Rod Stewart at No.4, Trans Siberian Orchestra at No.5 and Sting at No.6.
* Sydney outfit Bridezilla is heading to Melbourne to launch their new long player 'The First Dance'. The five piece will launch the new album (in the shops now) at the Northcote Social Club on November 20. They'll also be playing live at the AIR Awards before returning to Sydney for the 2009 Homebake Festival.
* And finally, they achieved a great deal of success back in the '90s with their intriguing blend of rock, hip hop and pop and now Skunkhour has returned to once again conquer the Australian live scene. The (almost all) original line-up will hit the road for a series of shows throughout December, kicking off at Villa Noosa at Noosa Heads on the Queensland Sunshine Coast on December 04. Check out all the shows HERE.